Change of circumstances when you hold a Low Income Health Care Card

You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you hold a Low Income Health Care Card.

For example, you must tell us if:

  • your personal circumstances change
  • you change your address
  • your income changes
  • your care arrangements change, or
  • your work or study load changes

How and when to tell us

The easiest way to tell us about changes is online. It’s never too late to report a change.

You can also call the students and trainees line or visit a service centre.

You need to tell us about the changes within 14 days.

If you don’t tell us about changes in your life, we may stop your card when we find out about them. If you deliberately don’t tell us, we could charge you with fraud.

Read about how to avoid fraud.

Page last updated: 6 February 2018