We need to know about changes that could reduce or stop your Carer Payment.
You must tell us if you:
- stop providing care for the person or child
- start sharing the care with someone else
- marry, or start or stop living with your partner
- start getting more income
- increase your assets or your investments change
- move house
- go to live outside Australia
- travel overseas for a holiday, or
- start doing more work or study
You must tell us if the person you provide care for:
- now needs less care
- is now in someone else’s care
- goes temporarily into respite care or is hospitalised
- stops being a dependent child
- starts getting support from the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- goes to live outside Australia
- travels overseas for a holiday, or
How and when to tell us
You can tell us about your changes through our self service options.
You need to:
- tell us within 14 days about any changes of circumstances
- make sure your details are up to date in myGov
If you don’t tell us
If you don’t tell us about these changes, we may pay you too much. If this happens you will have to pay the money back.
If you deliberately don’t tell us about changes, we could charge you with fraud.
Read how to avoid fraud.