You need to report any changes to your circumstances.
If you don’t tell us when changes happen, you may be doing the wrong thing.
You need to tell us if:
- the child receives an orphan pension from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- your personal circumstances change
- you don’t meet the residence rules
- you change your address
- your care arrangements change, or
- you or the child leave Australia even for a short time
How and when to tell us
The easiest way to tell us about changes is through our self service options.
You need to:
- tell us within 14 days of the change, and
- make sure your details are up to date in myGov
It’s never too late to report a change.
If you don’t tell us
If you don’t tell us about changes in your life, we may pay you too much. If this happens, you must pay the money back, plus a fee.
If you don’t tell us when your circumstances change, you could be committing fraud.