This is where we collect and transfer child support payments for you.
When you can use it
You can use Child Support Collect if we’ve:
- made a child support assessment
- accepted a child support agreement, or
- registered a court order for child support
Who does what
- set the payment amount
- collect payments from the paying parent, and
- transfer them to the receiving parent
- choose a payment method if you’re the paying parent, or
- give us your bank details if you’re the receiving parent
Who can apply
The receiving parent can apply for Child Support Collect.
How it works – paying parent
How much to pay
When to pay
You choose how often to pay. This can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
Payments are for the past week, fortnight or month – not in advance. They’re due 7 days after the week, fortnight or month ends.
How to pay
You choose a payment method. We don’t take cash.
Always give your 16 digit payment reference number every time you pay. It’s on your payer account statement.
Call us if you can’t find this number or need more information.
Each month we send you a payer account statement.
If you have a Child Support online account you’ll receive this online. If not you’ll receive it by post.
How it works – receiving parent
How much you’ll receive
When you’ll receive it
We transfer the money to you on any business day on or after the 8th of each month.
We can only do this when:
- we receive it from the paying parent
- there’s at least $5.00 to transfer, and
- we have your correct bank details
Payments are for the month that just ended – not in advance.
How you’ll receive it
We transfer payments to the Australian bank account you choose.
You must give us the correct bank details:
- branch number (BSB)
- account number, and
- account name
If we pay into the wrong account we may not be able to get the money back for you.
What may be different
We may be able to send your payments by cheque if you:
- live overseas, and
- can’t use an Australian bank account
We can let you know through your Child Support online account when we transfer money to you.
Just log in to your account and sign up for email alerts.
If you don’t already have one, set up a Child Support online account.
Tell us about changes
Tell us straight away about any changes that may affect child support.
You can do this by: