Call our automated phone line for information on your child support account.
Using the service
You can use this service if:
- you receive child support, and
- we collect your payments
You can call the service to get information on your child support payments. The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can use this service from anywhere in Australia for the cost of a local call. Higher rates may apply for calls from mobile and public phones.
Before you call
Before you call you should have:
- your Child Support Reference Number (CSRN), you can find this on letters we have sent you
- your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- something to write with, such as a pen and paper
When you call
When you call the Child Support Info Service you should:
- call from a quiet place, so the system can clearly hear you
- listen to the welcome message and menu every time you call, as choices may change
- speak normally, you don't need to slow down or shout
- answer the questions our automated system asks you
Please make sure you:
- Follow the instructions.
- Say your CSRN.
- Enter your PIN into your phone keypad. You can say your PIN but we suggest using your keypad for privacy.
If we give you a temporary PIN, you will need to change it before you can use this service. Follow the directions to create your new PIN.
When you’ve entered your CSRN and PIN, you'll hear details about your next child support payment. To hear details about your last payment, say last payment.
If you forget your PIN, you can reset it.
You can reset it online with your Child Support online account. From the menu select Contact us, then complete a general enquiry form to ask us to reset your PIN.
You can also phone us during business hours. Please be ready with your CSRN.
You can change your PIN with the phone menu options:
- say change my PIN
- choose any 4 digit number for your new PIN
For security reasons, we suggest you change your PIN often.
It’s important to keep your account details secure. Don’t share your CRSN or PIN with anyone else.
To confirm your identity when you call, we will always ask for your CSRN and your PIN.
If your account is accessed using your CSRN and PIN, we will assume this is you. If you think your account has been used without your permission, please contact us.
Read more about your right to privacy and how we help you stay safe online.