You can claim on certain dental services for your child.
Before you start
- confirm your child is eligible
- confirm your balance:
- speak to a private or public dentist and let them know you or your child can get the benefits
- discuss the child’s treatment, costs and if there are any item restrictions with the dentist before you get the services
- sign a consent form agreeing to the services and the cost – your dentist will give it to you
When to claim
If your dentist:
- bulk bills, you don’t need to submit a claim
- doesn’t bulk bill, you must pay the bill and claim your benefits from us
Remember, you can’t claim from us and a private health insurer for the same dental service.
How to claim
You can claim your benefit:
- at the dental surgery, or
- by submitting a claim directly with us
If you need to submit a claim, you can do it:
- using the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- using your Medicare online account through myGov
- by completing a Medicare claim form and posting it to us – the address is on the form
- at a service centre by placing a Medicare claim form in the drop box or giving it to a customer service officer
We’ll process your claim
When we’ve processed your claim, we’ll pay the benefits into your account.