You can claim on certain dental services for your child.
Before you start
- confirm your child is eligible
- confirm your balance through your:
- speak to a private or public dentist and let them know you or your child can get the benefit
- discuss the child’s treatment, costs and if there are any item restrictions with the dentist before you get the services
- if the dentist doesn’t bulk-bill you must sign a consent form
When to claim
If your dentist:
- bulk bills, you don’t need to submit a claim
- doesn’t bulk bill, you must pay the bill and claim your benefit from us
You can’t claim from us and a private health insurer for the same dental service.
Start your claim
You can claim your benefit:
- at the dental surgery, or
- by completing a Medicare claim form
Submit your claim
You can submit your claim:
- using the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- using your Medicare online account through myGov
- by post
- at a service centre by placing it in the drop box or giving it to a customer service officer
We’ll process your claim
When we’ve processed your claim, we’ll transfer the benefit into your account.