Claiming a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card

You can claim a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card once you’ve reached age pension age.

Before you start

You should:

The card will only cover one person. If you have a partner and you’re both eligible, your partner will need to submit a separate online claim or you can both claim using the same paper claim form.

Information you need for your claim

  • your and your partner’s income
  • documents to confirm your identity
  • documents to confirm your residence

When to claim

You can claim once you reach age pension age.

Start your claim online

To make a claim online you need a myGov account and a Centrelink online account. Your myGov account must be linked to Centrelink.

I have a myGov account linked to Centrelink

Sign in to myGov to start your claim.

Sign in with myGov

I don’t have a Centrelink online account or a myGov account

If you’ve received a payment or service from us, you can use your Customer Reference Number (CRN). Find this on a letter we’ve sent you and register for a Centrelink online account.

If you don’t know your CRN or you haven't got a payment from us, go to a service centre with photo ID and tell us you want to register for a Centrelink online account.

You can then create a myGov account and select Services to link Centrelink.

If you can’t claim online

Print out the Claim for a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card form and fill it in.

Or, you can reclaim your card if we cancelled it less than 26 weeks ago. Print out the re-claim for a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card form and fill it in.

If you can’t use the website, call the Older Australians line and ask us to send you the form. Or, go to a service centre to get one.

Submit your claim

You need to give us:

  • your claim form
  • any other documents we’ve asked for

You can do this online or at a service centre.

Submit other documents

We may ask you for documents to help us assess your claim.

You can submit some of these through your online account when you claim.

If we ask you to confirm your identity, you’ll need to do this at a service centre.

Wait for the results

We’ll tell you if we accept your claim. If eligible, we’ll post your card to you.

You have the right to appeal any decision we make. Read about reviews and appeals.

Page last updated: 2 March 2018