Claiming Farm Household Allowance

The easiest way to claim Farm Household Allowance is online.

Before you start

Check if you're eligible for Farm Household Allowance.

Watch our Farm Household Allowance videos to find out about claiming.

Information you need

Make sure you have:


Property and real estate

Assets and liabilities

Income and financials

Intent to claim

You can claim Farm Household Allowance by calling the Farmer Assistance Hotline. When you call you can register your intent to claim. You should do this as soon as possible to help you get paid from the earliest possible date.

If you want us to pay you from the date you registered an intent to claim, you need to submit your claim within 14 days.

Claiming options


You can claim Farm Household Allowance online. It is secure, convenient and easy to claim online.

Start your claim online

To make a claim online you need a myGov account and a Centrelink online account. Your myGov account must be linked to Centrelink.

I have a myGov account linked to Centrelink

Sign in to myGov to start your claim.

Sign in with myGov

I don’t have a Centrelink online account or a myGov account

If you’ve received a payment or service from us, you can use your Customer Reference Number (CRN). Find this on a letter we’ve sent you and register for a Centrelink online account.

If you don’t know your CRN or you haven't got a payment from us, go to a service centre with photo ID and tell us you want to register for a Centrelink online account.

You can then create a myGov account and select Services to link Centrelink.

If you need help with your Centrelink online account or mobile app, read the online account guides or watch our video demonstrations.

If you need help to submit your claim you can contact a Rural Financial Counsellor on 1800 686 175. Read more about the Rural Financial Counselling Service on the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources website.

Unable to claim online

If you are unable to claim online you can claim Farm Household Assistance by form or by calling the Farmers Assistance Hotline.

By form

Complete the Claim for Farm Household Allowance form.

Supporting documents

If we ask you to provide supporting documents, present them at a service centre within 14 days of your intent to claim.

Submit your claim


If you’re claiming online, you can submit your claim and most supporting documents electronically at the end of the process. Read more about submitting your documents online.

By form

Submit your form and supporting documents within 14 days of advising your intent to claim:

  • by post to:
Department of Human Services
Rural and Climate Change Services
Reply Paid 7816

Wait for the Results

We'll tell you if:

  • your claim is successful, and
  • any waiting period apply

 You have the right to appeal our decision. Read more about reviews and appeals.

Page last updated: 8 March 2018