You can claim Parenting Payment after your child is born.
Before you start
- check to see if you can get Parenting payment
- read the information you need to know about your claim for Parenting Payment
- set up a Centrelink online account so you can claim online – if you already have an account and it’s still active you won’t need to start a new one
- find the information you need for your claim
Information you need for your claim
You need to give us:
- original documents to confirm your identity
- your and your partner’s income and assets details
- your bank account name, number and BSB number
- your and your partner’s tax file number
When to claim
You can claim Parenting Payment after the birth of your child.
If eligible, we’ll pay you from the date:
- you submit your claim
- you register an intent to claim if you then submit your claim within 14 days, or
- your child was born or an eligible child comes into your care if you submit your claim within 4 weeks
You can’t submit a claim for Parenting Payment before the birth of your child.
Start your claim
The easiest way to claim is online. You don’t need to finish your online claim all at once. You can save it and finish it within 14 days. If you take longer than 14 days, you may have to start the claim process again.
Start your claim online
If you already have a myGov account
Sign in to myGov to link to your Centrelink online account and do your Centrelink business.
If you have a Centrelink online account
To do your business online, you need a myGov account and a Centrelink online account.
If you don't have a myGov account, create one today. Once you have created your account, you can link it to your Centrelink online account. Watch the video and read more on how to link your online account to myGov.
If you don't have a Centrelink online account
If you’ve been a Centrelink customer before
You’ll have a Customer Reference Number. Use this to register for an online account.
This is anyone who’s had a payment or concession from us before, no matter how long ago.
If you haven’t been a Centrelink customer before
This is anyone who’s never had a payment or concession from us before.
If you can't claim online
If you can’t claim online:
Submit your claim
You need to:
- complete your claim, and
- provide any other documents we ask for
You should submit your claim and other documents within 14 days of:
- starting your online claim, or
- telling us of your intent to claim
If you do this, we can pay you from the day you started your online claim or you told us of your intent to claim.
If you submit your claim and documents within 4 weeks of giving birth or a child comes into your care, we can backdate your payments.
Submit other documents
We may ask you for other documents to help us assess your claim.
You can submit some of these through your online account.
You must submit supporting documents and forms within 14 days. We may reject your claim if you don't.
Wait for the result
We’ll tell you:
- if we accept your claim or not
- when we’ll start paying you - there are different waiting times for Parenting Payment that may apply to you
- how much you’ll get
You have the right to appeal any decision we make. Read about reviews and appeals.