You should submit your claim for the payment within 26 weeks of your partner's death.
Before you start
You can claim the payment if your partner registered in the Pension Bonus Scheme.
You should claim within 26 weeks of your partner's death.
Information you need
You need to give us:
- confirmation of your partner's birth date and date of death
- proof that your partner passed the work test
- any other documents we ask you for to help us assess your claim, including original documents to confirm your identity
Start your claim
To get a claim form you can:
- download and print the claim for Pension Bonus Bereavement Payment form
- call the older Australians line and ask us to send you the form, or
- visit a service centre and pick up the form
Submit your claim
You need to give your completed form and any supporting documents we have asked for to a service centre within 14 days.
Wait for the results
We'll tell you:
- if we accept your claim
- when we’ll start paying you
- how much you’ll get
You have the right to appeal our decision. Read about reviews and appeals.