Claiming the Pension Loans Scheme

You can claim a top-up of your pension as a loan if you own real estate in Australia.

Before you start

You should check you are eligible for the scheme.

Intent to claim

An intent to claim lets us know you’re seeking payment before you start the claim process. This will help you get paid sooner.

If you register an intent to claim, we’ll backdate your payment to the date you submit this form if you are eligible from that date.

Register an intent to claim.

Start your claim

You can get a claim form by:

When you get the form, we’ll organise a meeting with a Financial Information Service (FIS) officer. They’ll discuss the loan terms and conditions, to help you determine if these meet your needs.

Once you’ve met with the FIS officer, you can submit your completed claim form and other documents.

Submit your claim

You need to give us your:

  • claim form
  • property title deed details

We’ll tell you if there are other documents you need to give us.

You can submit these by post or at a service centre.

Wait for the results

We’ll tell you:

  • if we’re going to grant your claim
  • when we start paying you
  • how much the loan will be each fortnight

If we don’t grant your claim

You have the right to appeal our decision. Read about reviews and appeals.

Page last updated: 27 August 2017