You can claim Sickness Allowance if you can’t work or study for a short time.
Before you start
- check if you’re eligible for Sickness Allowance
- set up a Centrelink online account so you can claim online – if you already have an account and it’s still active you won’t need to start a new one
- gather the information you need for your claim, including:
- your tax file number
- your bank account details, and
- your and your partner’s income and asset details
Start your claim
It’s best to start your claim online. Claiming online is secure, quick and easy.
You can save your online application to finish and submit within 14 days. If you take longer than 14 days, you may have to start the claim again.
Start your claim online
If you already have a myGov account
Sign in to myGov to link to your Centrelink online account and do your Centrelink business.
If you have a Centrelink online account
To do your business online, you need a myGov account and a Centrelink online account.
If you don't have a myGov account, create one today. Once you have created your account, you can link it to your Centrelink online account. Watch the video and read more on how to link your online account to myGov.
If you don't have a Centrelink online account
If you’ve been a Centrelink customer before
You’ll have a Customer Reference Number. Use this to register for an online account.
This is anyone who’s had a payment or concession from us before, no matter how long ago.
If you haven’t been a Centrelink customer before
This is anyone who’s never had a payment or concession from us before.
If you can’t claim online
- call the people with disability line
- visit a service centre, or
- complete a Claim for Sickness Allowance form
Submit your claim
You need to give us any supporting documents we ask for.
You can do this:
- online once you’ve set up a Centrelink online account
- at a service centre
- by post to the address on the form
You may need to provide:
If we ask you to confirm your identity, you’ll need to do this at a service centre within 14 days. We may reject your claim if you don’t.
Wait for the result
We’ll tell you:
- if we grant or reject your claim
- when we’ll start paying you, and
- how much you’ll get
You have the right to appeal our decision. Read about reviews and appeals.