Your claim for Youth Allowance will take around 30 to 60 minutes to complete online.
Make sure your email address and contact details are correct in myGov before you start your claim.
- Sign in to myGov
- Go to your Centrelink online account
- Select Make a claim
- At the bottom of this screen, select Start a new claim
- Under the Students, Trainees and Apprentices or Looking for work headings, select Get started
- Answer the questions, then select Claim now
- Fill out and submit the online claim
The claim will have details about any other information or documents you need to give us. You can only submit your claim once you’ve given us everything we ask for.
If you’re a job seeker, you’ll also need to book an appointment with us. Once you’ve given us your documents and booked your appointment, you can then submit your claim.
We’ll then work out if you’re eligible.