A duplicate card is a copy of your current Medicare card with the same details.
We provide duplicate cards when more than 1 family member needs their own card. We can only issue 1 duplicate card.
We can’t issue a duplicate card when you’re the only person on the Medicare card.
To ask for a duplicate card:
- use your Medicare online account through myGov or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- call the Medicare general enquiries line, we’ll confirm your identity over the phone
- visit a service centre with proof of your identity such as your driver’s licence
- send us a signed letter by mail and include
- your Medicare card number
- your address, and
- a certified copy of identification such as your driver's licence