To be eligible for Child Care Benefit you need to use approved or registered child care.
To be eligible, you need to:
- use approved or registered child care
- be responsible for paying the child care fees for your child
- ensure your child is immunised, on an immunisation catch up schedule, or is exempt from the immunisation requirements, and
- meet the residence requirements
To receive more than a zero rate of Child Care Benefit you must meet the income test.
Other factors can affect your Child Care Benefit, including:
- your child starting school
- changes to income
- entering a salary sacrifice arrangement with your employer in which some or all of your child care fees are paid for you
- one of your children stops using care
- you or your partner no longer meeting the Work, Training, Study test, and
- your work, training or study related commitments