Income Management helps you manage your payments for essentials like food, rent and bills.
You don’t get less money, but you do get it differently. We’ll work with you to manage your payments.
You can’t use your income managed money to buy:
- alcoholic products
- tobacco products
- gambling products and services, or
- homebrew kits or concentrates
You can spend the rest of your money how you like.
Where is it
Income Management is available in:
- the Northern Territory
- Western Australia - metropolitan Perth, Peel and Kimberley regions, Ngaanyatjarra (NG) Lands, Laverton Shire
- Queensland - Logan, Rockhampton, Livingstone, Cape York, Doomadgee
- New South Wales - Bankstown
- South Australia - Playford, Greater Adelaide, Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara (APY) Lands
- Victoria - Shepparton
Who can refer you
Referrals can come from:
- social workers
- a child protection authority
- the Family Responsibilities Commission (FRC) in Queensland
- a referring authority
What may be different
Your payments can be managed if you: