It’s easy to set up Centrepay deductions.
When you do this we pay a Business for you, out of your income support payment. We can’t start doing this until you tell us to.
The easiest way to set up deductions is using your Centrelink online account through myGov or Express Plus mobile app.
We may send you a letter telling you we have set up your deduction. You can also check online.
The lowest amount we can deduct is $10 per fortnight.
You can tell us when to start your deduction. This could be:
- for your next Centrelink payment, or
- anytime up to 8 weeks in advance
We will deduct the money every fortnight. We do this on the same day you get your Centrelink payment.
If you tell us to change or start a deduction, within 5 Business days before your next payment, in general it won’t happen until the following fortnight.
If you have more than one deduction, we’ll pay them in the order you authorised us to pay them in.
Ways to set up deductions
You can set them up:
- online using your Centrelink online account through myGov
- using the Express Plus mobile app on your mobile device
- by filling in the Centrepay the easy way to pay your bills form - then:
- upload and submit it online
- post it to the address on the form, or
- take it to a service centre
- at a service centre with help from our staff
- by calling us on your regular payment number, or
- by asking the business you want to pay, to set it up for you
Details you need
- your Centrelink customer reference number (CRN)
- the bill details, such as the account or billing number
- the name of the Business you’re paying
- their address and phone number if you have them
- their CRN - to find this number, search Find a Business, it will always start with 555
Choices you need to make
You must choose:
- how much you want us to deduct each fortnight
- which Centrelink payment you want it to come out of
- the date you want us to make the first deduction
- when you want deductions to end - you can choose to:
- set an end date - no more than 52 weeks after the start date
- set a target amount
- leave it open for now
Check your deductions online each fortnight to make sure they’re correct.
If you’ve paid too much to a Business, you can:
- reduce the amount,
- suspend your deduction for up to 13 weeks, or
- ask them to refund you the amount
If we take a deduction you didn’t authorise, you should contact us as soon as possible. We’ll check your deduction and tell you what you need to do, or follow it up for you.
If a Business doesn’t use Centrepay
You can only use Centrepay to pay businesses that we have approved.
If a business doesn’t have Centrepay you’ll have to pay them using another payment option such as BPay or direct debit.
You can ask a Business if they would use Centrepay as a payment option.
Businesses can read more about Centrepay for Businesses and apply to use the service.
Some businesses may not be eligible and won’t be able to receive payments through Centrepay.