Subscribe to get important text messages or emails from us, or tell us that you no longer want to get them.
There are 2 ways to start getting electronic messages.
You will be automatically subscribed when you give us a new mobile number or email address or you can subscribe online.
If you don’t want to use this service, you can unsubscribe at any time.
You will be automatically subscribed when you:
- update your mobile number or email address with us
- apply for a payment or service and give us your mobile number or email address
If you give us your:
- email address, we will email you
- mobile number, we will send you text messages
- email address and a mobile number but don’t tell us which one you prefer, we will only send you a text message
- Sign in to your Centrelink online account through myGov
- Select Electronic Messaging and Letters from the menu and follow the prompts
We’ll send a text message or email to say you’ve subscribed.
Change your preferences
You can also subscribe or change your electronic messaging preference:
Contact us on your regular payment line straight away if you get a message that isn’t relevant to you.