When we pay your continence aids payment

Your first continence aids payment covers from the day we get your application until the end of that financial year.

After that, you get the full payment each year as long as you’re still eligible. You don’t need to apply again to keep getting CAPS.

You must let us know about any changes that may stop you being eligible for CAPS.

How often

On the CAPS application form you choose to get the money:

  • all in 1 payment in July each year, or
  • in 2 half payments in July and January each year

How much

The Department of Health bladder and bowel website gives the current payment amounts for CAPS. If you want to change your choice, contact the CAPS team.

How we pay

We pay into your choice of Australian bank account. It can’t be a credit card, loan or mortgage account.

The account can belong to:

  • the person getting CAPS
  • their parent if the person getting CAPS is:
    • under 14, or
    • under 18 and not able to act on their own behalf
  • the legal or authorised nominee of the person getting CAPS - this could be:
    • through a power of attorney
    • as their legal guardian
    • as a public trustee
    • as their Centrelink payment nominee
    • as their Department of Veterans’ Affairs trustee or agent
    • as someone the Department of Health agrees is a responsible person
    • as an organisation that helps them buy continence products

You’ll get a statement each time we make a payment.

You must let us know in writing if your bank account details change.

Page last updated: 16 October 2017