We’ll tell you if you or your child is eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
You can get the benefits for your child if:
- you're their parent or guardian, or
- you're an approved care organisation
- the child gets an eligible payment for at least 1 day of the calendar year
Children who get payments in their own name can also get the benefits if they’re:
- 2 to 17 years old for at least 1 day of the calendar year
- eligible for Medicare, and
- getting an eligible payment for at least 1 day of the calendar year
In some circumstances, teenagers who have a partner that get a payment from us may also be eligible to get the benefits.
|Who gets the payment||Payment|
|Child's parent, carer, or guardian|
We'll check your eligibility at the beginning of each calendar year and throughout the year. If you become eligible later in the calendar year, we’ll pay your benefits from the beginning of that year.
For Family Tax Benefit Part A payments, your eligibility can change if your fortnightly payments change to lump sum payments.