You can get Farm Household Allowance if you meet certain criteria.
You can get Farm Household Allowance if you:
- are a farmer or partner of a farmer
- are 16 years of age or older
- contribute labour and capital to an Australian farm, or are the partner of a farmer who does
- meet an income and assets test
- meet residency rules, and
- have had less than 3 years of Farm Household Allowance
Your farm must have significant commercial purpose. We'll assess this based on:
- the purpose of your farm
- the prospect for profit
- consistency of activity
- whether your farm runs as a business, and
- the size, scale and permanency of your farm activity
Watch our video to find out more about eligibilty.