There are several things that determine if you can get Partner Allowance.
The amount you get depends on:
- your personal circumstances
- your income and assets
- information you give us, such as:
- identity documents
- contact details, and
- tax file number
- if you're part of a couple
- your living arrangements
- where you live
- your residency status - if you're new to Australia, check if waiting times apply
- if you're paid under an International Social Security Agreement
- other payments you or your partner get
- tax exemptions
- whether you need to pay tax on your Centrelink payment
- moving permanently outside Australia
- going to jail
- how many dependent children you have
Dependent children under 6
If you care for dependent children under 6, you may get Parenting Payment.
If you’re eligible, you must transfer from Partner Allowance to Parenting Payment.