To get Sickness Allowance you must meet certain criteria.
You can get Sickness Allowance if you:
- are 22 years or older, but under age pension age, and
- have a job, or
- get Austudy or ABSTUDY as a full time student
You must also:
- meet an income and assets test
- meet residency rules
- provide a valid medical certificate, and
- have work or study to return to when you’re better
You may need to serve a waiting period.
If you can’t get it
If you can’t get Sickness Allowance, check if you can get another payment.