To get Widow Allowance you need to meet certain criteria.
To get Widow Allowance you must:
- be a woman born on or before 1 July 1955
- not be part of a couple
- have become widowed, divorced or separated since turning 40
- haven’t had a job in the 12 months just before you claim, which was:
- 20 hours a week or more, and
- for a total of 13 weeks or more
- meet income and assets tests
- meet residence rules
You don’t have to look for work or do training. If you want to, you can get help to improve your job prospects, learn new skills or do community work.