Claim for Special Employment Advance form (SU514)

Use this form to claim for a special employment advance to pay for something you need to start a job you have been offered.

You can also use this form if you are short of money because you have worked but have not been paid yet, and your income has reduced your social security payment.

This advance needs to be repaid to us.


If you have a disability or impairment and use assistive technology, there are other ways you can do your business with us. You can use self service or request someone to deal with us on your behalf. If you can’t access our forms, please contact us. We can help you access, complete and submit them.

Page last updated: 9 April 2018