The main income support payment while you’re unemployed and looking for work.
- at least 22 but under age pension age
- looking for paid work
- under the income and assets test limits
- prepared to meet mutual obligation requirements
Youth Allowance for job seekers
Financial help if you’re 21 or younger and looking for work, or temporarily unable to work.
- you're 16 to 21, and
- looking for full time work or doing approved activities, or
- studying part time and looking for work, or
- temporarily unable to work
The main income support payment while you’re a young child’s main carer.
- have income under the limits
- meet principal carer rules and care for a child under 8 if you’re single or under 6 if you’re partnered
- meet residence rules
- can’t claim before the birth of a child