The main income support payment while you’re unemployed and looking for work.
- at least 22 but under age pension age
- looking for paid work
- under the income and assets test limits
- prepared to meet mutual obligation requirements
Financial help if you’re under 24 and studying, an Australian Apprentice, looking for work or sick.
- 16 to 21 and looking for full time work or
- 18 to 24 and studying full time or
- 16 to 24 and a full time Australian Apprentice or
- 16 to 17 years and independent or needing to live away from home to study
The main income support payment while you’re a young child’s main carer.
You must have income and assets below the limits, and be the principal carer of a child:
- younger than 8 if you’re single, or
- younger than 6 if you have a partner
You can’t claim Parenting Payment before the birth of your child.
Get Youth Allowance as a job seeker?
We may need your parents’ or guardians’ income details to check if you’re still eligible for your payment.
Claim online – it’s now easier than ever
It’s now simpler than ever to claim Youth Allowance and Austudy online.
How you can improve your online security
Take charge of your online security when you do business with us and avoid identity theft and scammers.
Our new look website arrived 27 August
We’ve updated the website to make it easier to use.
Changes to superannuation
Superannuation you accrue in working life is essential to your retirement. Find out about super changes on the ATO website.
Improve how you manage your money
It might be hard to manage your money, but we’ve got some great advice.