The main income support payment while you’re unemployed and looking for work.
- at least 22 but under age pension age
- looking for paid work
- under the income and assets test limits
- prepared to meet mutual obligation requirements
Financial help if you’re 24 or younger and studying, an Australian Apprentice, looking for work or sick.
- 16 to 21 and looking for full time work, or
- 18 to 24 and studying full time, or
- 16 to 24 and a full time Australian Apprentice, or
- 16 to 17 and independent or needing to live away from home to study
The main income support payment while you’re a young child’s main carer.
- have income under the limits
- meet principal carer rules and care for a child under 8 if you’re single or under 6 if you’re partnered
- meet residence rules
- can’t claim before the birth of a child
Record your same-sex marriage with us
We recognise same-sex marriages that happen overseas and in Australia.
Employment help if you have a disability, illness or injury
There’s professional support if you have a disability, illness or injury and need help to find or keep a job.
We need to know about changes to your living situation
If you get Rent Assistance there are a few things you can do to make sure we pay you the right amount.
Changes to the way you sign in to the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
You’ll need to use your myGov details to sign in.
Help dealing with drug and alcohol misuse and looking for work
From 1 January 2018, there’ll be a change to help support people with drug or alcohol issues, so they can find work.
Complete our people with disability communication survey
Have your say and help us make sure we’re supporting your information needs.