The main income support payment while you’re unemployed and looking for work.
- at least 22 but under age pension age
- looking for paid work
- under the income and assets test limits
- prepared to meet mutual obligation requirements
Financial help if you’re 24 or younger and studying, an Australian Apprentice, looking for work or sick.
- 16 to 21 and looking for full time work, or
- 18 to 24 and studying full time, or
- 16 to 24 and a full time Australian Apprentice, or
- 16 to 17 and independent or needing to live away from home to study
The main income support payment while you’re a young child’s main carer.
- have income under the limits
- meet principal carer rules and care for a child under 8 if you’re single or under 6 if you’re partnered
- meet residence rules
- can’t claim before the birth of a child
Update your details so you get the latest jobseeker information
Don’t miss out on important information about changes that may affect you.
Online resources and support services for doing an income review
We’ve developed a number of resources and services to help you complete your income review online.
Why we do income reviews
We do reviews so we can confirm you are paid the right amount.
Confirm your relationship status
From 1 January 2018, you need to confirm your relationship status if you’re a single parent and get income support.
Changes to superannuation
Superannuation you accrue in working life is essential to your retirement. Find out about super changes on the ATO website.
Improve how you manage your money
It might be hard to manage your money, but we’ve got some great advice.