The main income support payment while you’re unemployed and looking for work.
- at least 22 but under age pension age
- looking for paid work
- under the income and assets test limits
- prepared to meet mutual obligation requirements
Financial help if you’re 24 or younger and studying, an Australian Apprentice, looking for work or sick.
- 16 to 21 and looking for full time work, or
- 18 to 24 and studying full time, or
- 16 to 24 and a full time Australian Apprentice, or
- 16 to 17 and independent or needing to live away from home to study
The main income support payment while you’re a young child’s main carer.
- have income under the limits
- meet principal carer rules and care for a child under 8 if you’re single or under 6 if you’re partnered
- meet residence rules
- can’t claim before the birth of a child
New improvements to Payment and Service Finder
We’ve separated our Payment and Service Finder tool so you can get the information you need faster.
Keep your personal details safe from scammers
In Scams Awareness Week, we remind you to be wary of scammers pretending to be from trusted organisations, like Centrelink.
Widow Allowance claims are closing
New claims for Widow Allowance will be closed from 1 July 2018. Other payments are available.
A better way to navigate our website
We’re making it easier to find the information you need.
Improve how you manage your money
It might be hard to manage your money, but we’ve got some great advice.
Family and domestic violence
We support people affected by family and domestic violence by providing information, resources and referrals.