Medicare subjects

A list of subjects for Medicare to help you find information about our payments and services.


  • myGov is a simple and secure way to access government services online with 1 login and 1 password.
  • We have a range of payments and services to help parents care for their newly adopted child.
  • As your baby grows, keep their immunisations up to date. Discuss returning to work with your employer. Tell us if you’re returning to work.
  • If you travel or live outside Australia this may affect your health care, child support and Centrelink payments.


  • Check if you can get payments, register for self-service and think about child care. You can submit your pre-birth claim up to 3 months before your baby is due.




  • Our Express Plus mobile apps let you access your information and complete a range of services using your mobile device. We have apps for Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support.







  • Use our tools and information to help you manage your money. The way you use your money will change during your life. We have some tips and tricks to help you at different times of your life.
  • You can manage some of your health care information using your Medicare online account or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
  • If you’ve paid or been billed for medical costs, there are ways to claim your Medicare benefit.
  • Our payments and services can help you, or someone you care for, use health care services or buy prescription medicines.
  • Medicare helps with the cost of health care and medicine. Use our phone line and special form to get Medicare services.




  • How to identify, report and protect yourself against scams pretending to be from us.
  • You can do most of your Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support business with us online or by self service.
  • We provide support to grandparents, legal guardians and other family members who provide full time care for a child.


  • If you’re thinking about entering aged care, or you’re researching for someone you know, there are services and payments that can help.
  • There are rules about when you can submit a claim. They are different depending on the type of payment. If you can’t claim within these timeframes, let us know.