Go to the top of the class with our tips for claiming Youth Allowance or Austudy.
Are you doing full time study or an Australian Apprenticeship next year? There’s a few things you can do to get your claim done and dusted.
Here’s our top 5 tips:
- Claim early. You can submit your claim for Youth Allowance or Austudy up to 13 weeks before you start study. This means you’re more likely to have your payment when you need it, so start now!
- Check if you’re eligible before you claim. You’ll need to be doing an approved course at an approved institution and meet the study load requirements.
- Confirm your identity. You can do this online if you’ve already shown photo ID in a service centre.
- If you don’t have a tax file number, apply for one now. You can apply on the Australian Taxation Office website.
- Follow the step-by-step guide to claiming Youth Allowance or Austudy. Use our list of supporting documents to gather the paperwork you’ll need.
Keep up to date
Subscribe to get updates on the latest news for students and trainees. You’ll get updates sent directly to your inbox about things that may affect you.