News for all individuals

You can subscribe to our news channels to stay up to date about changes to your payments and services.

It is simple and easy to subscribe to get regular news highlights.

You can choose to get news specific to:

You can opt out of the news subscription at any time.

News list

Claim a student payment now and stay ahead of the game

23 May 2019

If you’re studying or training in the second half of the year, you can claim Youth Allowance or Austudy now.

Wellness while you study

20 May 2019

It’s important to look after your mental health while you’re studying. There are some great resources you can tap into.

Save time by claiming Pensioner Education Supplement online

13 May 2019

There are now more ways you can apply for Pensioner Education Supplement.

What you need to know if you’re on DSP and get compensation

10 May 2019

If you get a compensation payment, it may affect how much Disability Support Pension (DSP) you can get.

Do you owe Centrelink money?

9 May 2019

From 10 June 2019, if you owe us money we can recover it from your Family Tax Benefit (FTB) payments.

Do you know how long you can keep getting your student payment?

7 May 2019

Your Youth Allowance or Austudy payment has a time limit. We call this allowable time. Here’s what you need to know.

Sharing too much online puts your privacy at risk

1 May 2019

Privacy Awareness Week is a good time to check you’re protecting your personal information online.

Started a new job? Update your employment status online

1 May 2019

If you start a new job, you need to let us know. The best way to do this is online. Here’s how.

Energy Assistance Payments will be paid in June 2019

30 April 2019

If you were getting an eligible payment on 2 April 2019, we’ll pay you an Energy Assistance Payment by 30 June 2019.

Family payments can change if your child is 13 to 19 years old

26 April 2019

Your child’s age can affect the Family Tax Benefit (FTB) payments your family can get.

It’s time to get prepared for the new financial year

18 April 2019

If you get Family Tax Benefit (FTB) or Child Care Subsidy, we need your family income estimate for the new financial year.

Changes to the Pension Loans Scheme from 1 July 2019

15 April 2019

Changes to the Pension Loans Scheme will impact new and existing participants. More people will be able to access it.

Changes to the Work Bonus from 1 July 2019

10 April 2019

The Work Bonus is increasing. We’ll also apply it to self-employment income from active participation.

Earning more in semester break? Make sure you report your extra income

3 April 2019

You can report your income online or through the Express Plus Centrelink app.

Have you moved so you can study?

3 April 2019

If you get a student payment from us, you might also get extra help for accommodation and living costs.

Plan for your future during Youth Week 2019

29 March 2019

Not sure what to do next? Explore your education, training and career options in Youth Week.

Are you younger than 35, getting DSP and able to work?

25 March 2019

You may have to do activities to help you find and keep work.

Did you use child care in the 2017-18 financial year?

20 March 2019

Time is running out to submit a lump sum claim for Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate.

Is your family’s income estimate for CCS approaching $351,248?

20 March 2019

If it goes over this amount you’ll need to repay the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) you got.

Medicare gets a refresh

19 March 2019

We’ve improved our site to make it better for you. Let us know what you think.

30 June 2019 is fast approaching, act now so you don’t miss out on payments

18 March 2019

You may need to confirm your family’s income or submit a lump sum claim for Family Tax Benefit (FTB) for 2017-18.

Do you need to update your family income estimate for CCS?

14 March 2019

For some families, even a small change in your family’s income may change how much Child Care Subsidy (CCS) we pay.

Changes to the Community Development Program (CDP) have started

14 March 2019

If you take part in the CDP, these changes may affect you.

Are there changes to any of your study details?

6 March 2019

You need to tell us now because it could affect your payment.

Claim Pensioner Education Supplement before your course starts

6 March 2019

You can submit your claim up to 13 weeks before starting your course. We’ll pay you from the first day you’re eligible.

Don’t fall for a scam

5 March 2019

Know how to pick fake emails, fake text messages and fake websites.

Spend some time managing your money

5 March 2019

The costs of studying can add up. Check what money you might get and create a budget to better manage it.

School’s back! Are your child’s education details correct?

1 March 2019

If you’re getting Family Tax Benefit (FTB) for a child 16-19, you might need to update your child’s education details.

Is your family’s income estimate close to $186,958?

1 March 2019

If you get Child Care Subsidy and your income is close to this amount, an annual cap could affect you.

Upgrades to our Medicare systems and what it means for you

28 February 2019

In March there will be times when some Medicare services won’t be available online.

An extra payment for farmers

25 February 2019

Households getting Farm Household Allowance (FHA) will soon get a second FHA supplement lump sum payment.

Seven reasons to update your income estimate for Child Care Subsidy

19 February 2019

Updating your income can help you avoid an overpayment. Especially if any of these reasons apply to your family.

If you’re moving away to study, you may get Fares Allowance

18 February 2019

Fares Allowance is a payment that can help with the costs of travel if you study away from your home.

Be sure to check out our social media accounts

11 February 2019

We have Facebook and Twitter accounts and a YouTube channel. Use them to stay up to date, anywhere, anytime.

Do you have a child from a past relationship in your care?

11 February 2019

We may reduce your Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A if you haven’t applied for a child support assessment.

Have you applied for a Student Start-up Loan?

11 February 2019

You’ll get the payment soon, so keep an eye on your bank account.

Top 3 changes that affect your Child Care Subsidy

8 February 2019

If your family’s circumstances change and you get Child Care Subsidy, let us know. Otherwise, we may overpay you.

Child Support online guides

7 February 2019

There are online guides to help you do your child support business online.

Keep track of your student claim after you submit it online

6 February 2019

Get updates on how your student claim is going using your Centrelink online account or electronic messaging.

Carer Allowance and Carer Allowance Health Care Card are now income tested

4 February 2019

Some carers may need to do an income review. Check if you need to do one and if you do, complete it now.

Make the most of O Week on and off campus

4 February 2019

There’s lots to take in during O Week. Set yourself up for the year with our tips on staying connected.

Stay safe from being hacked. Use strong passwords

1 February 2019

It’s not too late to start making strong passwords a good habit.

Confirm your identity for a student payment

1 February 2019

Do you know how to prove your identity before making a student claim? We can guide you through it.

Save time! Go online to do your child support business with us

28 January 2019

Use your Child Support online account to manage your child support payments and details.

The new year is a great time to review your Child Care Subsidy

23 January 2019

Review your income estimate for Child Care Subsidy to help us make sure you’re getting the right percentage.

Child support when one parent lives overseas

21 January 2019

We may be able to help you arrange child support even if one parent doesn’t live in Australia.

It pays to register your bank details with Medicare

16 January 2019

Don’t miss a Medicare payment. We need your bank details to pay your Medicare benefits.

Has your 4 year old had their healthy start for school health check?

14 January 2019

If they don’t have one before they turn 5, your Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A rate may reduce.

This information was printed Thursday 23 May 2019 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.