Find out how these changes will affect you.
From 1 July 2018 there will be changes to the Disability Employment Services program.
These changes mean you'll have more say in the services you get and how you get them.
- choose a provider in a location that’s convenient for you
- switch to a new provider if you aren’t happy with your current one
- work with your provider to develop a job plan to help your job search
- decide how you want to meet with your provider after an initial face to face meeting
Some providers will close and will no longer deliver services. However, there'll be new providers who can help you prepare for work. They’ll also be able to help you find suitable employment.
What you need to do
The Department of Social Services will send a letter to you if your provider is closing. The letter will tell you how to choose a new provider.
To find out more, you can:
- talk with your current Disability Employment Services provider
- go to the JobAccess website
- call the JobAccess support line on 1800 464 800
Go to the JobAccess website to:
- read about Disability Employment Services and other disability employment support
- search for a provider who best meets your needs