If you pay or receive child support, here’s what you need to know.
There are changes that will affect separated parents.
We’ve changed the way we:
- work out disputed care interim periods, and
- use amended tax assessments
From 1 July 2018, we’re changing the way we:
- determine when to end or suspend a child support agreement
- can recover a child support overpayment, and
- use care information in your assessment, if you don’t tell us about a change in circumstances within 28 days
This may affect you if you:
- pay child support
- receive child support, or
- receive Family Tax Benefit
In most cases you don’t need to do anything. We’ll tell you if you do.
Read more about changes if you receive family payments.
Read more about disputed care interim periods.
Read more separated parents news.