Changes for separated parents

25 May 2018

If you pay or receive child support, here’s what you need to know.

There are changes that will affect separated parents.

We’ve changed the way we:

  • work out disputed care interim periods, and
  • use amended tax assessments

From 1 July 2018, we’re changing the way we:

  • determine when to end or suspend a child support agreement
  • can recover a child support overpayment, and
  • use care information in your assessment, if you don’t tell us about a change in circumstances within 28 days 

This may affect you if you: 

In most cases you don’t need to do anything. We’ll tell you if you do.

Next steps 

Read more about changes if you receive family payments.

Read more about disputed care interim periods

Read more separated parents news.

Page last updated: 25 May 2018