Get to the top of the class with our tips for claiming Youth Allowance or Austudy.
If you’re doing full time study or an Australian Apprenticeship next year, there’s a few things you can do to get your claim done and dusted.
Here’s our top 5 tips:
- Claim early. You can submit your claim for Youth Allowance or Austudy up to 13 weeks before you start study. Claiming early means you’re more likely to have your payment when you need it, so start now!
- Check your eligibility before you claim. Remember you can’t get Austudy until you’re 25.
- Confirm your identity. You can do this online if you’ve already shown photo ID in a service centre.
- If you don’t have a tax file number, apply now on the Australian Taxation Office website.
- Follow the step-by-step guide to completing your claim for Youth Allowance or Austudy and use the list of common documents to gather the paperwork you'll need.
Keep up to date
Subscribe to get updates on the latest News for students and trainees. Delivered directly to your inbox, we make sure you have access to information that may affect you.