Did you get a Family Tax Benefit account payable notice for 2017-18?
30 September 2019
If you did, take action now. Otherwise, your current Family Tax Benefit (FTB) payments may stop.
When you get FTB payments you need to confirm your family income each financial year. If you don’t, we’ll ask you to pay back all the FTB payments for the year. In early September we sent Account payable notices for the 2017-18 financial year.
If you got an FTB account payable notice, it’s important you confirm your family income. This is even if you only got FTB payments for part of the year. If you don’t, your fortnightly FTB payments may stop until you do.
To ensure your fortnightly FTB payments continue you must do 1 of the following:
- lodge a tax return, if you have a partner they need to do this as well
- tell us if you, or your partner don’t need to lodge a tax return and confirm your income
- pay back the amount in full.
If you can’t pay back the amount in full, please call us. We can talk with you about your payment options.
Read more about FTB account payable notices.
Go to the ATO website for information about lodging your tax return.
For help telling us you don’t need to lodge a tax return and confirming your income online, use either the:
- Advise non-lodgement of tax return using a Centrelink Online Account online guide.
- Advise non-lodgement of tax return using Express Plus mobile app guide.
Read more news for families.
We’ve started sending Family Tax Benefit (FTB) account payable notices to people who haven’t.
Your Family Tax Benefit (FTB) for them will stop if they’re 16 or older and stop studying.
Page last updated: 30 September 2019