Do you get Farm Household Allowance? It’s time to reconcile

20 July 2017

If you get Farm Household Allowance (FHA), you need to send us your 2015–16 income tax returns.

Your farm’s business income can be hard to forecast. We want to make sure we’ve paid you the correct amount. We will compare the estimate you gave us for your farm business income to the farm business income on your 2015-16 income tax return.

If you got underpaid, we will pay you the difference. If you got overpaid, we’ll work out repayment options with you.

We want to help you and your family improve your financial position. FHA provides financial assistance for 1,095 days. You can also access up to $4,000 of training and advice to help improve your financial position.

If you’ve been getting FHA since 2014, your payment will end this year when you reach 1,095 days. Make sure you talk to your Farm Household Case Officer or a Rural Financial Counsellor about preparing for this payment to finish.

Next steps

Page last updated: 27 August 2017