Do you know about the changes to family payments?

4 June 2018

From July there are changes to family assistance payments that may affect you.

If you receive Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A and an income support payment

We’ll use the FTB Part A income test to work out your FTB Part A payment rate if your employment income reduces your income support payment to nil.

You’ll need to give us a family income estimate so we can work out your payment. If you don’t give us one within 21 days, we’ll cancel your Family Tax Benefit payment.

We may reduce or stop your FTB Part A for the period your income support payment reduces to nil. If your child is a dependent and receives a payment, their rate may change too.

If you withdraw superannuation for your first home

We won’t count withdrawals under the First Home Super Saver Scheme as part of your taxable income.

If your child doesn’t meet immunisation or health check requirements

We may reduce your FTB Part A payments by up to $28.28 per fortnight per child.

We’ll contact you if your child doesn’t meet requirements. We’ll let you know what you need to do before your payment is affected.

If you receive child care fee assistance

Child Care Subsidy and Additional Child Care Subsidy start on 2 July. They’ll replace the existing child care payments we offer.

We won’t automatically transition you to the new payments.

If you’re currently receiving a child care payment for approved care, you need to complete a Child Care Subsidy assessment as soon as possible.

If you don’t need assistance with child care fees until after 2 July 2018, you can claim Child Care Subsidy online.

Next steps

Read more about changes if you receive family payments.

Read more about what you need to do to get Child Care Subsidy if you currently get a child care payment.

Got questions? Save time and ask us at Family Update on Facebook or tweet @FamilyUpdateAU

Page last updated: 4 June 2018