Do you receive Grandparent Child Care Benefit?

14 February 2018

If you do, we’ll write to you soon about the upcoming child care changes.

From 2 July 2018, the new Child Care Subsidy (CCS) will replace the existing child care payments. Under CCS, a new subsidy for grandparent carers called Additional Child Care Subsidy (Grandparent) will replace Grandparent CCB.

You don’t need to take any action at this stage. Our letter will let you know what you can do to prepare.  

We’ll write to you again in April to tell you what you need to do, including what evidence we need and how to provide it.

Next steps

Read more about Additional Child Care Subsidy (Grandparent) on the Child Care Subsidy web page.

Create a Centrelink online account through myGov.

If you have any questions, you can ask us at Family Update on Facebook or tweet @FamilyUpdate AU.

Read more families news.

Page last updated: 26 February 2018