Eligible recipients get one-off energy payment

15 June 2017

The One-off Energy Assistance Payment will be paid from 26 June 2017.

Energy bills during winter can be hard. This payment helps with these rising costs.

To be eligible, on 20 June 2017 you must reside in Australia and be getting:

  • Age Pension
  • Parenting Payment Single, or
  • Disability Support Pension

You don’t need to do anything or contact us to get this.

We’ll pay this into the same bank account that we pay your regular fortnightly payments.

You’ll also get a letter which may contain a flyer on ways to save energy and money at home from the Your Energy Savings website hosted by the Department of Environment and Energy.

You may get this payment before you get your letter.

If you’re single, you’ll get $75.00. If you’re partnered, you’ll get $62.50.

You’re not taxed on this and it’s not counted as income.

This means if you’re working and report your income fortnightly, you don’t have to add this to your income.

Next steps

Read more about:

If you have questions, you can ask us on Facebook or tweet @HumanServicesAU.

For more information in your language go to the Information in your language page or call 132 202.

Page last updated: 27 August 2017