Get Farm Household Allowance for longer

1 August 2018

Find out more about the ways you can claim the extra year.

If you’re getting FHA on 1 August 2018, you don’t need to do anything. We’ll extend your payment for another year.

If you’ve already got FHA you can claim for an extra year. This means you can claim the extra year if:

  • you received FHA for a full 3 years, and
  • your payment finished

Next steps

You can:

You can also read about the Rural and Financial Counselling Service on the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources website. Or call them on 1800 686 175.

Read more news for rural and remote Australians.

Page last updated: 4 October 2018