You’ve still got time! Get organised by 30 June. Don’t miss out on family assistance payments you may be able to get.
If you didn’t receive family assistance in 2016–17
You may be able to claim your payments as a lump sum. You have until 30 June 2018 to submit a claim for:
If you need to make a lump sum claim
If you’re claiming FTB or SIFS, you and your partner will also need to confirm your income by 30 June 2018. You can do this by:
- lodging your tax returns with the ATO for the 2016–17 financial year, or
- telling us if you don’t need to lodge one
If you can't claim SIFS online, you can contact us.
If you received FTB in 2016–17
You need to confirm your income by 30 June 2018 so we can balance your payments.
You and your partner need to:
- lodge your tax returns with the ATO for the 2016–17 financial year, or
- tell us if you don’t need to lodge one
If you don’t need to lodge a tax return, the easiest way to tell us is online with your:
- Centrelink online account through myGov – select the menu, then Family Assistance and Advise Non-lodgement of Tax Return, or
- Express Plus Centrelink mobile app – select menu, then Advise Tax Non Lodgement
If you don’t confirm your income by the deadline, you may miss out on top up payments or supplements you were eligible for.
You’ll also have to pay back any FTB you received for the 2016–17 financial year.
If special circumstances mean you can’t submit your claim or confirm your income by 30 June 2018, contact us.
Use the Do I need to lodge a tax return? tool on the ATO website.
Get help to claim online with your Centrelink online account.