How to prevent a debt if you get CAPS

If you get a Continence Aids Payment Scheme (CAPS) payment, make sure you tell us about changes to your circumstances.

News item

Let us know if your circumstances have changed.

For example, tell us if:

  • you’ve had surgery to treat your incontinence
  • you’re getting help through NDIS, DVA or a home care package
  • you’re living in an aged care home getting a high level of care
  • you’ve moved house
  • your bank details have changed.

If there is a change to your circumstances, you must contact the CAPS team on 1800 239 309. If you don’t tell us about the change, we may overpay you and you’ll need to pay the money back.

More information

Visit the Continence Foundation of Australia website to get help with managing incontinence in daily life.

Read more about:

Page last updated: 4 July 2019

Was this page useful?
Why not?

Thank you for your feedback.