If you’re an Unauthorised Maritime Arrival on a Bridging visa or hold TPV or SHEV, it’s time get a new Medicare card.
If your Medicare card is due to expire on or before 31 December 2017, you need to visit us if you’re:
- an Unauthorised Maritime Arrival on a Bridging Visa, or
- a Temporary Protection Visa (TPV) holder, or
- a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV) holder
Don’t wait for your card to expire.
We’ll have reduced staff and opening hours from 22 December 2017 to 2 January 2018.
What you need to do
Visit your nearest Medicare service centre as soon as you can to avoid possible delays.
Make sure you bring the correct documents with you, including
- a completed Medicare Enrolment form
- your passport or Immicard
- your current visa details
- a letter or email from the Administrative Appeals Tribunal if you’ve lodged an appeal against a refused visa decision
Read more about how to re-enrol in Medicare.
Find your nearest Medicare service centre.
Read more news for your health.