It’s not too late to update your income details

1 November 2017

We needed this information for your child to keep their dependent Youth Allowance or ABSTUDY Living Allowance.

If your child got a letter from us about your income details, you needed to update your details by the date in the letter so their payment didn’t stop.

If you forgot to update your details, you still can. If your child’s payment was stopped, we’ll restore it if you update your details before 31 December.

You can update your details using the Advise Parental Income service and the One Time Access Code in the letter. If you’ve lost the letter, you can update your details online in your Centrelink online account through myGov.

You don’t need to do anything if you got:

  • FTB in the last financial year, and
  • your Notice of Assessment before 31 October

You can ask questions about updating your details, and get other information about payments and services, on our Family Update Facebook page or you can tweet us @FamilyUpdateAU. Just don’t share your personal info on social media.

Next steps

Read more about the parental income test reassessment and our instructions for updating your details.

Go to myGov to update your income details.

Read more families news.

Page last updated: 6 November 2017