We need to confirm your income before we can balance your family assistance payments.
We balance your family assistance payments each financial year to make sure you receive the right amount.
If you need to lodge a tax return, you don’t need to tell us. We’ll be sent the details we need straight from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). We’ll let you know once we balance your payments.
You can check if you need to lodge a tax return by using the do I need to lodge a tax return tool on the ATO website.
It can take up to 28 days to receive your Notice of Assessment from the ATO. This is when your payments will be balanced. We’ll also send you a letter to confirm your payments have been balanced.
There’s some other important information to keep in mind:
- we can’t balance your payments until you’ve received your last Family Tax Benefit (FTB) payment for the financial year
- if you have a partner, they’ll also need to lodge their tax return, or let us know they don’t need to lodge one, and
- you don’t need to declare FTB or child care payments as income
This can help you find out what you need to do and when you need to do it for your payments to be balanced.
- about balancing your family assistance payments
- about recent changes to family payments
- about changes to claiming medical expenses on your tax return
- families news