Mobility Allowance helps you travel if you have a disability

31 January 2018

Have a disability, illness or injury and travel for work, study or interviews? Find out how Mobility Allowance helps you.

Mobility Allowance helps you meet essential travel costs if you have a disability, illness or injury that means you can’t use public transport.

To get it you must :

  • be 16 years of age or older
  • have a disability that prevents you from using public transport without extra help
  • need to travel to and from your home as part of your paid or voluntary work, studying, training or looking for work

You can get it even if you have a GST exemption on a car.

You can’t get Mobility Allowance if you’re a participant in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).

Next steps

Find out if you can get Mobility Allowance.

Submit your Mobility Allowance claim using your Centrelink online account through myGov.

You can also use the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app to submit your claim. To use the app you need to have a Centrelink online account.

If you don’t have a Centrelink online account, you can register to create one.

Learn more

If you have questions, you can ask us on Facebook or tweet @HumanServicesAU

To learn more about our payments and services:

Page last updated: 7 February 2018