Organising vacation care for the next school holidays?

29 August 2019

If you haven’t got Child Care Subsidy (CCS) since the last school holidays, you may need to take action to restart it.

Your child’s enrolment details need to be current and confirmed to get CCS. If your child hasn’t attended child care in the past 8 weeks, their CCS enrolment details will have ended. This includes outside school hours care or vacation care.

To check your child’s CCS enrolment details are current and restart them if necessary, follow these steps.

Step 1: Check your information is up to date

We pay your subsidy based on the information you tell us. Keeping your details up to date helps us pay the right amount for your child. If we pay too much, you may need to pay it back.

Check your income estimate and activity levels. You may also need to report other changes to you or your partner’s circumstances.

Step 2: Check your child’s enrolment details and ask your service to re-establish them

Check this in your Centrelink online account through myGov or Express Plus Centrelink mobile app. Select Child Care Subsidy from the menu, then Enrolments.

If their enrolment status is ceased, you should ask your child care service to re-establish the care arrangement. 

Step 3: Confirm your child’s enrolment

We can only pay CCS for your child if their enrolment status is confirmed. So after your child care service has re-established the arrangement, you’ll need to confirm your child’s enrolment details.

If your child will be going to a new service, you’ll also need to confirm that enrolment.

Once the status is confirmed and all details are up to date, there’s nothing more you need to do.

Next steps

Read more news for families.

Page last updated: 30 August 2019