Before you claim Disability Support Pension, make sure you’re aware of Program of Support requirements.
You may need to take part in a Program of Support for at least 18 months in the three years before claiming DSP. This includes the Community Development Programme which helps job seekers in remote areas of Australia find a job in their local community. We may ask if you’ve taken part in a program when you apply for DSP.
A Program of Support may help you look for a job, develop your skills with study or training, or with rehabilitation.
You may not need to take part in a program in some cases, such as if you:
- have an intellectual disability with an IQ of less than 70
- are permanently blind, or
- need nursing home level care
You can also watch our DSP eligibility video.
- about Program of Support for DSP
- News for People with Disability, subscribe and we'll send you regular news highlights
If you have questions, you can:
- chat to your local Indigenous Service Officer
- ask us on Facebook, or
- tweet @HumanServicesAU