Update your details so your child keeps their payment

10 October 2017

If your child got a letter from us you may need to give us your income details.

We use this information to check your child’s eligibility for dependent Youth Allowance or ABSTUDY Living Allowance.

There are 2 ways to update your income details:

  • online in your Centrelink online account through myGov, or
  • using the Advise Parental Income service and the One Time Access Code in the letter

We’ll stop your child’s payment if you don’t give us your income details by the date in your child’s letter.

If your child didn’t get a letter, you don’t need to do anything.

Ask us your questions on our Family Update Facebook page or tweet us @FamilyUpdateAU. Just don’t share your personal information on social media.

Next steps

Read more about the parental income test reassessment and our instructions for updating your details.

Go to myGov to update your income details.

Read more families news.

Page last updated: 12 October 2017