Cancelling your Youth Allowance or Austudy payment online is fast and easy and helps you avoid a debt.
- Sign in to your Centrelink online account through myGov.
- Go to your menu and select Payment details.
- Select Cancel my current payment.
If you need to get one of these payments in future, you'll need to submit a new claim.
What happens next
You don't need to contact us. We’ll send you a letter once we’ve cancelled your payment.
If you have a concession card, you won’t be able to use it after you cancel your payment.
Who can’t cancel their own payment
You won’t be able to cancel your own payment if:
- you’re using Income Management
- you have a nominee, or
- you have a partner on a payment
You’ll need to speak with us.
Read more news for students and trainees. Subscribe and we’ll send you regular news highlights.