Is your family’s income estimate for CCS approaching $351,248?

20 March 2019

If it goes over this amount you’ll need to repay the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) you got.

Your family can’t get Child Care Subsidy if your income is more than $351,248.

If your family earns more than what you estimated and your income goes over $351,248, you may get overpaid. Your family will then need to repay all the Child Care Subsidy we paid during the year.

It’s important you check your income estimate regularly. This is so we pay you the right amount. Make sure it’s accurate and up to date at all times. You need to make sure your income estimate reflects your actual income.

If you end up earning less than what you estimate, we’ll pay you the subsidy you’re entitled to. We’ll do this when we balance your subsidy at the end of the financial year.

You can’t claim Child Care Subsidy as a lump sum at the end of the year.

What you need to do

Update your family’s income estimate every time there’s a change. This will help make sure you get the right amount of subsidy and avoid us overpaying you.

It’s easy to update your details online and only takes a few minutes. You can use your Centrelink online account through myGov. Use our online guide to help you update your income estimate for Child Care Subsidy. Or, you can also update your details using the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.

While you’re in your online account, you may also want to use our online guides to update your:

More information

Read more about:

Ask us your questions on our  Family Update Facebook page or  tweet Family Update.

Read more news for families.

Page last updated: 20 September 2019